ProductsShow Additional Info
Great Desert Tracks Atlas & Guide
Great Desert Tracks Atlas and Guide (5th Edition)
For over 20 years, Hema's Map Patrol has been mapping the interior of Australia. In this comprehensive guide to traversing Australia's desert regions, Hema takes you into the arid heart of Australia. Whether you are a desert lover, or just looking to tackle some of Australia's favourite 4WD destinations, this informative guide is an indispensable companion to those tackling Australia's great desert tracks. This edition includes handy track profiles showing elevations and distances as well as points of interest, camping areas and supply points in one easy-to-follow graphic. There's also plenty of essential pre-trip reading on how to prepare for your trek, safety in the outback and driving techniques, making this the must-have guidebook for travelling Australia's deserts.
- 25 4WD Trips featured
- Contains the complete set of Hema's Great Desert Tracks maps
- Tracks coded by vehicle type with symbols showing towing suitability, GPS-surveyed roads and tracks that show fuel and provision availability
- Track descriptions include permit information and contact details
- Background information on geomorphology, major environments and ecosystems, and history
- Track profiles showing elevations and distances as well as POIs, camping areas and supply points
Publication Date: 14/09/18
Number of Pages: 336
It's complicated to find matching/continuing maps. Maps should have page numbers on the rim/on all 4 sides to easily find a continuum. Otherwise very informative!
Excellent publication with useful information. Line diagrams for distance between points of interest or campsites would be great.
Nothing better than Hema maps and books and the information that they contain. The content is amazing and essential when traveling the roads to destinations that are off the beaten track.