A Product Overview of the HX-1 GPS Navigator from Hema Maps
Explore somewhere new with Hema's HX-1 Navigator, the ultimate GPS system for off and on-road navigation.
(Image: The HX-1 GPS Navigator from Hema Maps.)
The HX-1 features a large 7-inch multi-touch screen with a bright 1024x600 pixel display, which is reinforced with a tempered glass screen protector for added durability. The device has a powerful 1GB RAM making the HX-1 impressively fast, while a 5000mAh battery will keep you exploring for up to 6 hours off charge with continuous use.
On the reverse of the device is a 5-megapixel camera, which allows you to capture your adventure with geotagged photos and video up to 480p at 15 frames per second. The HX-1’s 7-inch multi-touch screen allows you to pinch and zoom the map for a closer look.
The device has a WI-FI connection making it super easy for downloading additional maps, content and device updates quick and easy, so you can spend less time indoors and more time exploring off the beaten track. The device also allows you to share your tracks and journeys with other travellers.
(Video: Hema's HX-1 Navigator Device Overview- On & Off Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
The recent update of the HX-1 enables all units to come preloaded with Camps 9 and the brand new version of the Explorer Map (our most detailed yet), including new topographic mapping and an up-to-date track database thanks to the Hema Map Patrol expeditions. In addition to this, all units come with new street mapping, user interface updates and new Hema-verified and field checked points of interest (POIs).
SEARCH CAMPSITES & CARAVAN PARKS
You can discover over 45,000 campsites, caravan parks and other points of interest (POIs) across Australia with the HX-1. The Drive mode features over 6,000 POIs from Camps Australia Wide and Caravan Parks Australia Wide - Australia’s most comprehensive directories for free and low-cost camps across Australia. Each point of interest (POIs) contains insightful details like pet-friendliness, fees and mobile phone reception, while integrated Camps Snaps site images give you a visual preview of your destination, allowing you to find the perfect spot to stay for the night.
(Video: Points of Interest on the Hema HX-1- On & Off Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
The HX-1 also features over 40,000 Hema-verified points of interest (POIs) for explorers in both Drive & Explore mode, which covers everything from campsites and caravan parks to rest areas, roadhouses, 24-hour fuel, lookouts, mechanical repairs, historical points, tourist points, attractions, information sites and much more.
(Video: How to find camps & POI's along a route on the Hema HX-1-On & Off-Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
TWO CHOICES OF NAVIGATION
Hema's HX-1 Navigator comes with two choices of navigation to suit your specific needs:
1) DRIVE MODE
The drive mode is ideal for on-road city navigation. The mode features:
- Street Mapping for Australia and New Zealand - Use for daily navigation
- Over 6,000 Caravan Parks and campsites
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Speed cameras, school zones, and intelligent routing
ON-ROAD NAVIGATION MADE EASY WITH DRIVE MODE
You can navigate confidently throughout Australia and New Zealand with precise turn-by-turn voice guidance to addresses, points of interest and coordinates in Drive mode. Drive mode delivers the latest HERE navigation data for driving around town and Hema track data for exploring places off the beaten track, as well as visual lane guidance and alerts including red light and speed cameras, timed school zones and more. Drive mode makes the HX-1 a powerful street navigator with the added bonus of 4WD and unsealed road data from Hema.
(Video: Drive Mode on the Hema HX-1 Navigator- On & Off Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
2) EXPLORE MODE
The explore mode is ideal for off-road navigation to remote areas and 4WD tracks. The mode features:
- Topographic Mapping
- Trip planning and trip recording tools - Use waypoints to plan your trip
- 45,000+ points of interests
- Share your tracks and photos with other travelLers on Hema Explorer Cloud.
EXPLORE OFF-ROAD WITH CONFIDENCE WITH EXPLORE MODE
Explore mode’s wide range of map sources, points of interest (POIs) and tools for planning, navigating and sharing your trips makes the HX-1 the ultimate companion for confidently exploring off-road Australia.
Navigate off the beaten with Hema's most powerful 4WD GPS, featuring topographic and touring mapping plus an extensive list of points of interest in combination with trip recording tools and other content and features.
(Video: Explore Mode on the Hema HX-1 Navigator- On & Off Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
AUSTRALIA’S BEST ADVENTURE MAPPING
To help you find Australia’s best tracks, trails and places off the beaten track, the HX-1 features the revolutionary Hema Explorer Map. Combining 1,200,000km of 4WD tracks and outback roads with vital topographic information like contour lines and detailed river network data, as well as walking trails, symbolised track difficulty classifications and more, your dream adventure is waiting for you on the Hema Explorer Map.
In addition to the Hema Explorer Map, the HX-1 also comes with a wide range of 4WD map sources to download and use on your next adventure. This list includes digitised Hema touring maps for Cape York, Fraser Island, the Kimberley, High Country Victoria and our iconic Great Desert Tracks maps, additional Hema base maps, state government topographic maps (QLD, NSW, TAS, VIC, SA, ACT, NT, WA), as well as HERE Street, Terrain mapping and many more.
(Video: Off-road maps on the Hema HX-1 Navigator | On & Off Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
SHARE WITH OTHER EXPLORERS
The HX-1 device allows you to quickly and easily share your trips online with friends, family and other Hema users. Connect to Wi-Fi to upload your latest adventure to your personal Hema Explorer Cloud account, which you can then share on social media, send as a URL or post to our online trip gallery, where it will be seen by other explorers from all around the world. You can even browse and download other people’s tracks, which you can then take with you offline to guide you on your next adventure.
POWERFUL TRIP RECORDING FEATURES
You can capture your adventures as they happen with the HX-1’s intuitive trip recording tools. Record and save your track while you navigate, drop a waypoint to mark that hidden campsite you found, and take geotagged photos and video of the best parts of your trip with the HX-1’s 5-megapixel camera.
HX-1 KEY FEATURES:
- Explore remote areas confidently
- 693,000km+ 4WD & Off-road Tracks
- 545,000km+ Outback & Dirt Roads
- Precise turn-by-turn voice guidance & GPS navigation
- Find Australia's best tracks, trails and places off the beaten track
- 45,000+ points of interests including lookouts, campsites & caravan parks all verified and field checked by the Hema Map Patrol team
- Save your track and drop a waypoint to plan your journey
- Take geo-tagged photos and video with HX-1's 5-megapixel camera
- Share your journey with other explorers through your Hema Explorer Cloud
- Find Campsites & Caravan Parks Fast
- 6000+ free and low-cost campsites & caravan parks by Camps Australia Wide & Caravan Parks Australia Wide
- View over 2300+ site photos
- Detailed site information, i.e. Pets allowed, fees etc.
- Locate sites around you, search by name or location
- Preloaded with Hema's Premium 4WD Maps
- Australia-wide Hema Explorer Map (1:18M - 1:150,000)
- Digitised Hema touring maps: Cape York, Fraser Island, The Kimberley, High Country Victoria, Great Desert Tracks & Hema 1:1 million Road Atlas
- Easily download higher detail Hema Explorer Map plus additional map sources
- FREE 4WD map updates for the lifetime of your device
- Reliable Street GPS Navigation
- Visual lane guidance
- Alerts for speed cameras, school zones & red light cameras
3D landmarks and buildings
(Video: Features of the Hema HX-1 Navigator | On & Off Road GPS Navigation tutorial.)
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
HX-1 Navigator package includes:
- HX-1 Navigator Unit
- Cradle & Windscreen Mount
- Soft, Drawstring Pouch
- 12V/24V 2A Car Charger
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
For more informative tutorial videos on the HX-1 Navigator click HERE or follow the below link:
Hema’s HX-1 GPS Navigator is currently available online at the Hema Shop for AUD $699 and can be purchased by clicking HERE or via the link below: